The Best Ecommerce Platform for Startups in the Fashion Industry: Top 5 Choices to Consider
How to choose an ecommerce platform for your new online fashion store? What is the best ecommerce platform for startups in the fashion industry? Here are top 5 choices to keep in mind!
You’ve decided to start your own fashion business and now you are looking for a way to establish an online presence. When you are looking for an ecommerce solution for your new fashion store, it is easy to get blown by thousands of companies and ecommerce service providers.
In order to help you, we’ve compared some of the best ecommerce platforms for fashion startups. Wondering what is the best ecommerce platform for startups in the fashion industry?
Here are top 5 choices to keep in mind:
1. Etsy: This platform is great for new makers and hobbyists who don’t know how serious they are going to be about the new business project. Etsy is free to use, there are no monthly fees, which means there is no pressure if you aren’t making a lot of sales.
All you need to pay is the fee per sale. There is $0.20 listing fee + 3.5% transaction fee + 3.4 payment processing fee. You will have access to the Etsy search engine and you will be easily found by new customers. One of the disadvantages of using things platform is that you don’t have control over the design of your page. Some of the brands who use this platform are Colieco, Thief & Bandit, Millie & Lou.
2. WooCommerce: This is one of the most customizable ecommerce website builders out there. You can customize everything, however, you are also responsible for setting up web hosting, maintenance, security, and more. WooCommerce is a part of WordPress.
WordPress is an open-source platform and there are loads of resources from plug-ins to helpful guides. If you know exactly what do you want from your new website and you have specific needs, WordPress is a great platform to use. Hackwith Design House and Poppy Barley are some of the brands who use this ecommerce solution.
3. Shopify: Over the last couple of years, Shopify has become one of the best international ecommerce platforms. It is a fully hosted ecommerce solution meaning web hosting, maintenance, security, and etc. are already taken care of.
4. BigCommerce: For only $29.95 a month you can take advantage of BigCommerce and the great features this platform offers. This platform has a lot of the same functionality as Shopify including security, analytics, hosting, POS, and more. They have improved their design game and there are some great themes to choose from.
BigCommerce comes equipped with gift certificates, shipping quotes, and product reviews where Shopify doesn’t. With the cheapest plan or $29.95 the sales limit is $50.000. Ecommerce solution Shopify doesn’t have a sales limit. Olive Clothing, Fortress of Inca, and Raven & Lily are two brands who are already using the platform.
5. Big Cartel: This is the perfect platform for artists and fashion lovers with fewer than 300 products. When compared to other platforms, Big Cartel has fewer built-in features and apps. The customer support is not their strongest side. You are limited to contact them via email on weekdays. Arminho, Uno + Ichi, and Malika Favre are using Big Cartel.
These are all great platform for your fashion startup. Pick one and grow your business!